Friday, August 15, 2008

The facts that Australian Chief of Army cannot deny

Comments of Ranjit Rana as to his evidence to link army abuses with his psychiatric conditions (comorbidity). This is for the first time linking the abuses that he suffered with medical treatment in the army (as it appears with brief to Dr. Jha):


1. Dating 19 December 1980 at Regimental Aid Post (RAP) of the 1st Recruit Training Battalion (1 RTB) in Kapooka, New South Wales. Blow to left eye from a can thrown by then Sergeant Bruno.

2. 2 January 1981 at 1 RTB “Acid” stomach…many…problem due to harassment in lines.” Ranjit Rana had told the AAT of 1988 and 2004 in specific terms and was not believed that no racial or other harassment existed with contemporaneous evidence. This is the first time this medical complaint has been brought to the AAT’s attention.

3. 20 November 1980 in 1 RTB. Head injury pain and also records been hit on head. I remember this incident related to Baxter, when he stole laundry keys from my desk and without my approval.

4. 2 Januray 1981 at 1 RTB. For emotional problem that I suffered arising name calling and harassment that increased my stress level. I think the Regimental Police was aware of my personal problems and their records have not been provided to me so far, and AAT of 2004 was highly critical about me for being unsatisfactory witness. Yet, they would not issue subpoena to the army for production of the record.

5. 22 January 1980 was again review to the blow to my left eye by Sergeant Bruno throwing a 1000 ml of juice can as indicate above to me in the bush.

6. 1 Jaunary 1981 at 1 RTB about acidy taste and vomiting due to stress arising from various assaults and racial name-calling.

7. 11 August 1981 at 16 Air Defence Regiment review by Army doctor for personal problems like sexual harassment and indecent assault by Private Andrew Jenkins and for assaults by other and including Jenkins regularly with name-calling with sexual and racial references, which I objected.

8. 12 August 1981, I was admitted to RAP 3 RAR Medical Ward for depression and headache with many personal and army problems.

9. 10 November 1981, chipped bone in right thumb arising being injured when I was assaulted by Jenkins and this resulted as I was defending myself.

10. 10 February 1981, I was feeling tired and inadequate in 16 Air Defence Regiment with personal and army induced depression.

11. I had ringing of my ear and loss of memory and was off to see Dr. Hoff arising army related abuses I was seen on 28/2/1982 by the Regimental Medical Officer and was confined to barracks and was not fit for duty until 3/3/1982.

12. From central medical files that Orme had access to number 82/Box 221. I have located a report of Dr. A. N. Goss. It said I was having muscle spasm arising an effect of depression in 13/2/1987.

13. I have the reasoning of the decision of the Veterans’ Review Board and related pages of the Military Police investigations at pages 21 to 23.

14. I have a literature on adjustment disorders, which shows adjustment disorder is reactive depression and transient situational disturbance. Orme indicated at the time of my discharge I did not have adjustment disorder and only had reactive depression, which is not a psychiatric condition like personality disorder. I have evidence to link from hospital records of 1981 at Repatriation General Hospital I was actually suffering from adjustment disorder and transient situational crisis contrary to Brigadier Orme, Armys’ head of personnel.

15. I found two more medical notes from Army very catastrophic. They are:

Dated 10 March 1982 very catastrophic, while on duty Private Jenkins attack me from the back and inserted broom up my anus. I could not tell others and had significant pain. This is noted bursting of hemorrhoids. I think there were witnesses like Privates Bradley, Mudie and Golding. I was in pain and was not believed.
Dated 10 November 1981. It records 2-chipped bones as a result of being assaulted by Private Jenkins in Kangaroo 1981 exercise in Queensland, It said restricted duty and no use of right arm. The Commanding Officers did not take action against the attacker.
These two will be attached with this brief Dr. Jha.

Emeritus Professor of Psychiatry, Doctor Bal Jha has been seeing me since end of 2004. He has read all the documents provided to Dr. Goldney and Dr. Davis of the teaching staff at Adelaide University. So far, what Professor Jha has said to His Honour Lander J, and all the case notes he has on me was subpoenaed by the Australian Government Solicitors, and a copy exists at the AAT registry, and a copy of those notes I have provided to Dr Goldney in January of this year. If necessary, I will tender the case notes from the registry to the trial judge. Professor Jha made positive statements about me: where he described me how the psychiatric conditions actually works based on my army service related various abuses, his statements can be tested and probably refuted from the attacks of Drs. Goldney, Davis and Carmine De Pasquale, who are connected institutionally to Adelaide University.

Professor Jha’s assessments of me are objective and not subjective like the ones from Drs. Goldney, Davis and Pasquale. Professor Jha’s statements are consistent with the evidences so far I have collected and compiled at the AAT registry from my suffering “poor memory” and “poor concentration” as a child and up to now in various places like the army, university and other settings. I have performed okay in universities arising ‘reasonable adjustments’ to my ongoing impairment related to my psychiatric disability under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth). I have not performed well like in the army and other settings, as I have not been given reasonable adjustment. To link what Professor Jha has said to His Honour Lander J, I have also now compiled all the defined physical assaults, indecent assaults and racial name-calling against me by various army personnel and at various locations between 1980 and mid 1982. Those documents also link physical injuries and/or psychiatric distress I suffered arising those causes in the army to be significant, and it is so as the type of personality disorder I suffered even before joining the army I had it and was of a soft nature and got aggravated by the stresses of being abused in the army.

Of all things being equal, Drs. Goldney, Davis and Pasquale do not agree, “what is” being said about me by Professor Jha, which can be proven and can be tested by comparing to them to facts. On the other hand, the respondents’ psychiatrists has made normative statements about me, which is ‘what ought to be’ about my army service and the psychiatric conditions as diagnosed by Professor Jha. They claim I do not have paranoid schizophrenia and diabetes, and only fabrication done scientifically by me to obtain money from the respondents. The respondents’ psychiatrists have made opinions on subjective basis as they relied on personal values, and such opinions of them cannot be tested, in contrasted to the careful observations and measurements of Professor Jha.

The models developed by Drs. Goldney, Davis and Pasquale are based on false assumptions about me as “Romei Subramanium” and much more as I will spill the beans at trial. Theirs’ model has some description about my psychiatric conditions related world. In actual testing of it by Geoff Camilos and Shashi Raj Maharaj’s theories, the prediction and forecasting is unsatisfactory and unreliable. I will explain, Professor Jha addresses his model and theory specifically with various scientifically proven facts of abuses to me and links to the army service of my and ongoing effects in operation by those psychiatric comorbidities. I never had a closure as the Military Police report was given to me in 2004 and no one did proper analysis of it in specific terms like Dr. Jha. The respondents have used generalizations of false theories to summarise what they think that they understand about me from the real world like involved in fraud and dishonesty and personality disorder means being an immoral insane person or an evil one, which is not scientifically linked to the known facts. They are trying to bolster theirs’ a fantasy model with a false theory as a firm and sound bridge between theirs’ knowledge about me to my actual real world of suffering.

In sum, “other things being equal” theirs’ assumption to concentrate on the effect of a change in a single variable that is my significant suffering from army even now in isolation from all others are false and Professor Jha’s is the preferable one. Because, the respondent’s assumptions about me are false in making the model, and the logic used to arrive at conclusions are irrational. The way they have used the logic to help spot and eliminate fallacies in reasoning, such as the fallacy of composition and the post hoc fallacy has not been eliminated. In terms of the first fallacy, the respondent’s statements about me that is what is true of the parts is true of the whole or what is true of the whole is true of the parts is not correct. Likewise for the latter fallacy, the respondent’s errors or reasoning about me that a first event (my abuses in the army specifically) causes a second event (my ongoing psychiatric and diabetes conditions) because the first occurred before the second. How can reasonable person prefer such fallacies?

I have received statements of my former bosses and Private Golding. I also have received a report of Dr. Goldney dated 4 August 2008. The most important thing is that he does not think that being sexually assaulted by Private Jenkins and other abuses that is recorded by the Military Police is “catastrophic”. Given I was molested in early age and am hypersensitive by others touching me by others, which is inappropriate to a Hindu man. They think it is a joke that was played on me to toughen me up. The last boss I had was an Asian (Japanese) and did not think I suffered from any psychiatric condition and was just a malingerer, lazy, slack and “me no nothing” to avoid job ahead and brought the moral down and became a liability, and was contrary to the mission of the Army.

I find the disregard to my diabetes as being feigned and a malingerer. I was alcoholic and was contributed by Army culture. I was an alcoholic psychotic and they were right that I had some grandeur as alcohol provided an escape for Army and me considered me to be a liability. I was charged for going without leave arising drunkenness issue. This is now backed up by Private Golding.

The Japanese boss Major Watts considered I was not suffering from depression, when in fact he had reports from Dr. Hoff between early August 1981 until March 1982. The Japanese do not believe in psychiatry and allege that mental illness is for the lazy.

Sergeant Liebenau was also not telling the truth. He used to visit me in hospitals to pay me my wages on more than three or four occasions. He did so when I was admitted to Royal Adelaide Hospital and Repatriation General Hospital. He visited me in the psychiatric wards.

Lieutenant Colonel Blackwell also knew that I was depressed and had reports of the Regimental Doctor, Bickmore and Dr. Hoff reports. He had visited my ex-wife with Dr. Bickmore to sort few matters. They were well aware like Watts and Liebenau that I was assaulted and abused but did a “me no have” evidence cover up to protect the white boys.

I have never acknowledged anything as suggested by Warrant Officer (Second Class) Don Whitman, that all racial remarks and pinching in the back side, and physical pushing and shoving was by my permission, and was not abuses, it was Aussie banter for fun and frolics of youth. I find such comments very offensive and brings flood of sweat and bad memories. It is remarkable that he indicated that my worked doing paper work had deteriorated as I had poor concentration and poor memory. The Japanese boss of his and mine had told him that to treat depression/laziness was to ignore it and try to sack me without any benefits. Both considered me evil and morally insane. All of them knew as he was the one who after talking with me suggested to the former earlier boss Blackwell to send me to see the “shrink” Dr. Hoff.

I refute being a malingerer and that is not backed by Drs Bickmore and Hoff’s diagnosis. This is my rebuttal to Private Golding. I agree that the Army made me an alcoholic and do not refute what he has to say about it. I also know he was the one always complaining that my paper work was bad. I also know he reported me dropping a rifle on parade. I find all of these peoples’ now comments are sanitized version to be used by Dr. Goldney in a certain way to defeat my claims.
I notice that Dr. Davis found like a judge that I am a fraud and have never read the Army Police’s file about me being assaulted physically and sexually by Private Jenkins (he confessed). Dr. Davis was not provided the same sets of files in same volumes (to the quantity to Dr. Goldney) to what was provided by the people who have retained Dr. Goldney. Same also applies to Drs. Hoff and Pasquale.

I note that now Dr. Goldney appears to be concurring with me that I was suffering adjustment disorder. However, Brigadier Craig Orme said I did not suffer it when I was in the Army. In page 4 of his report, Dr. Goldney says that I did suffer adjustment disorder or reactive depression and was time limited such as reaction to contemporaneous stressors, such as interpersonal/marital difficulties and improperly rejects the Military Police reports of my abuse and the findings from that file by the Veterans’ Review Board. However, Dr. Hoff in AAT of 1988 indicated that in that contemporaneous time, I was suffering from chronic reactive depression. I was paid liability from 16 July 1982 until 1985 by the Army. This is fact, Dr. Goldney seems to be divorced from facts, and preferring his subjective view of the world what should have been. It is a normative opinion and not positive one that can be proven by the admittance of liability by the Army based on Dr. Kutlaca’s report.

Dr. Goldney says he has considered all materials and has failed to reply including the Military Police report and what I have provided recently to the Tribunal and the Diabetes report of Dr. Miller. He has used selective materials and has failed to answer specifically to what I am proposing to you.

At page 5, the question on reply at the end of it “whether thee was any clinical worsening of any schizophrenia suffered by the applicant on or before 13 August 1982, and if yes, the date of such worsening; and” is very ambiguous. The reasons are:

I was bleeding as recorded for burst of hemorrhoids as I have indicated above from the broom of Private Jenkins, I was alcoholically psychotic, I had glandular fever, suicidal and much more. I went to Nepal around mid of April 1982, absent without leave to seek protection and peace. I was very ill in Nepal. I was told by letter of Group captain Gillard, Australian Military Attaché, in Australian Embassy, New Delhi, that I would be given all post administrative follow ups like being paid my superannuation (which occurred, but to this day no full medical board).
I was treated for glandular fever and suicidal matters in August 1981 with haloperidol and benzotropine. The same was used for me in Nepal after I was diagnosed of suffering from toxoplasma gondii and being psychotic from alcohol and toxoplasma.
The Army never provided me all records and evidence of my abuse until 2004.
The Army went quite to give me full medical board in Nepal or India or Australia in 1982 and even now.
I came back to Australia in end of 1982 and suffered another bout of psychosis in 1983/4 in Queensland.
In page page 6, Dr. Goldney says the question prior to e as “not applicable”.
In page 6, Dr. Goldney makes of story that I did not have aggravation of personality disorder from a catastrophic experience. He did not want to take the military police file that I had, and told me he was provided by his retainers and makes no account of it. He asked me I must had enjoyed the army banters and such are pain and pleasure of life. I found it very offensive at his suggestion that I actually enjoyed sadomasochistic epistles in the Army, and thus he confirmed that “paranoid schizophrenia” means one who is a cupboard homosexual deviant. No accounting for what I told him about the abuses, no accounting of military police files” and just cooks up story that I feigned diabetes, abuses and “poor symptoms and poor memories” recently. What about my hospitalization and diagnosis of Drs. Newman, and others from the pain clinic and my adjustments in universities? He says I did not have depression, no poor memories, and no poor concentration in 2003. There was evidence that I had poor memory and poor concentration from the data of university records and Dr. Goldney is silent to say it is all feigned. It was given by Dr. Pasquale to University of Adelaide in 2002 with the words “poor memory and poor concentration”. Why has he failed to account them?

It is amazing to the litanies of lies of the Dr. Goldney. The AAT of 1988 records in transcript that Dr. Hoff indicated I was suffering from chronic reactive depression and so did Drs. Kutlaca and Pasquale. Based on such severity I was paid workers’ compensation for aggravation of personality disorder and adjustment disorder from 16 July 1982 until 15 April 1985. This is fact and not psychotic utopian speculation by Dr. Goldney and Davis.

Dr. Goldney does not answer the long questions at pages 8 and 9 and simply fobs off with his considerations are at question 2d.

There are several assumptions that I am a fraud. Doctor Goldney refers such issues are legal ones and not psychiatric one. The doctor did not consider the entire military police files and the findings by the Veterans’ Review Board and has used selective data to benefit his financial masters.

About minor issues, he only replies to haloperidol and remains selectively silent to benztropine. He does not want to reply that it was given to me for glandular fever and toxoplasma induced and alcohol induced psychosis in 1981, while I was in the army.

He made many errors 2002 now become 1982, that there is no basis of liability.

He alleges that I gave him a lie about my own dad’s death. I know it was October 1981.

He made another error that I caught venereal illness in Hong Kong and he claims it should had been Bangkok.

He indicated that the appropriate diagnosis is schizophrenia and that the diagnosis gone beyond paranoid personality disorder.

Finally, I provide you with the AAT t-37 documents, decision of the Vererans’ Review Board and your transcript before His Honour Lander J.

I am afraid to announce that Dr. Goldney is the biggest liar like Orme. I note in the transcript of 1988 dated 16.12.1988 transcript at page 188 in the middle paragraph, this was the question by Deputy President Layton, who is now a Supreme Court judge in South Australia. She asked, “What was your opinion of his condition at the time when you saw him most recently? For example, was he still suffering from reactive depression?” Dr. Lotahr Hoff replied, “Well certainly there was much less reactive depression than the acute stages of 1981….”

Thus, I put the nail in the coffin of the dark and evil puffing Professor of hanging psychiatry like the novel of Professor Moriarty.

Ranjit Rana



Saturday, August 16, 2008

No comments: